[linux-dvb] Re: Lipsync

Friday Sep 26 09:43:39 +0300 2003 Dennis Noordsij <dennis.noordsij@movial.fi> wrote:

> Well, Late night with conan o'brien (just about every weekday at about 11pm on
> SubTV) is a sure hit. Maybe for the first 10 minutes or so it sort of
> corrects itself every now and then but then it will get really bad.

I'll see what I get from tomorrow evening's late night with conan o'brien...

> I ran the dvb-mplex from the Metzler Bro's mpegtools package, for a known good
> (synced) source it said APTS-VPTS is around 500ms, for the bad source it was
> about 650ms. (pesplot quickly consumes all my memory and I didn't have time
> to dig into that, did I miss something? :)

The APTS-VPTS is no issue here -- I've got between -1000 - +2000ms
APTS-VPTS and everything has been OK -- that is just the difference of
timestamps of first video and audio "frames" dvb-mplex finds...

> The result from the remuxing didn't fix the sync though.

Nope, the only way it could do is breaking the sync one might originally have ;)

> Mind you I wouldn't put it above the broadcasters to send it out out of sync,
> considering what they do with the EPG etc :-)

My "educated" quess would be just that. If mplayer (0.91) cannot play
something in-sync (and better double-check that with xine), usually the
problem is with source material.

> Cheers,
> Dennis

Tomi