[linux-dvb] VP-1020

G'day all,

Jamie has made great progress on a driver for this twinhan card.
I can tune/scan and szap my channels.

I believe I should be able to watch a FTA channel with something like

dvbstream -o -ps vvv aaa | mplayer -

Correct?

I'm using a 1.0-pre mplayer build and dvbstream from the sourceforget cvs.

The problem I have (I think) is that the stream I'm getting is missing bits. I get bits of sound, and bits of picture but nothing in sync nor coherent and never enough information to get one complete frame of anything, but enough to be able to recognise a picture of somekind. I guess I should make a .png of it and upload it somewhere.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on how the digital stream gets from the tuner to the driver in a bt878 based system?

I'm taking wild guesses now but my theory is that the bt878 grabs the digital input from the back end of the tuner, massages it into dma frames? and hit's the irq line to tell the driver to transfer the data from the dma buffer to userspace? Or something along those lines..

Is it possible that somewhere data frames may be getting dropped, which would mean I can't sync the TS properly..

How would I debug such a problem?

(Yes it does work ok under windows, although my SNR is not good here I get watchable coherent streams with the occasional corruption)

Brad