[linux-dvb] Re: SkyStar2 rev. 2.6B/2.68 problems usingdvb-20030905

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 10:02, Szczepan Konieczny wrote:
>    Try to use B2C2 oryginal drivers (new release compiled for newer gcc 3.2.x
> compiled kernels should apear this week at

I'd rather spend my time on fixing the detection of the STV0299 and its
SL1935 PLL. The driver is ready since months (i.e. the same hardware is
built into a supported LG frontend, but auto detection is disabled
because it was not needed, being part of an STB which does not need
autodetection - somebody might want to add a module parameter for that).
Afaik the i2c xfer function of skystar2.c does only allow some limited
i2c addresses. Remove that check and check kernel messages after loading
skystar2.o and especially stv0299.o.

Additionally, I've been told that the 2.6x revisions let the demod do
diseqc. You'll probably need to disable the diseqc ioctl function in
skystar2.c depending on the frontend's name. Have a look at the function
dbox2_fp_napi_before_ioctl() [1] as an example on how to do that.

I'd do it, but I don't own one.

Regards,
Andreas

[1]