[linux-dvb] Re: Does patching the kernel work meanwhile?

Hello Rene,

Currently I'm more interested in a stable solution. So I'd prefer to patch a 2.4.2x-Kernel with DVB-driver until 2.6 is really stable.

Is that currently possible with a "patch -p0 < DVB-driverXYZ-patch" or a script which copies the files into kernel-tree and adds make/config-entries (ready2run-solution)?
No, that's not possible at the moment. For DVB there are no Kconfig files
or scripts that do this. For 2.4 you have to compile the DVB driver outside
the kernel.

My goal is to have one compile per kernel and no aditional compiles for each hardware/module I need ...
In theory it's possible to do this for DVB and 2.4, but as dvb-kernel
is already in 2.6-testX, I don't think it's worth the effort.

More people should try dvb-kernel (even with 2.4) and report bugs with
existing applications...

Rene
CU
Michael.