[linux-dvb] Re: VP-1020

Jamie Honan wrote:

I'm taking wild guesses now but my theory is that the bt878 grabs the digital input from the back end of the tuner, massages it into dma frames? and hit's the irq line to tell the driver to transfer the data from the dma buffer to userspace? Or something along those lines..

I'm afraid some deep reading required :)

Is it possible that somewhere data frames may be getting dropped, which would mean I can't sync the TS properly..

How would I debug such a problem?

Make sure the cam isn't interfering. Enable some of the irq masks
to do with DMA errors and maybe that will shed light on your theory.

Jamie
Ok, got the doc, did all my "homework" and tested it hard and long.
There are no errors in the dma stream, there are no spurious interrupts. The only thing I can think of is there is some other initialisation missing. I'm a good way into getting my head around the windows driver so we'll see what that holds.

At least I now fully understand how it all works which will make it easier to debug I hope :p)

The windows driver tuner timeout is 8 seconds!
That figures, it takes longer than that for the windows software to come back and tell me it can't get a lock..

Since I'm probably never going to use it with a CAM anyway I'm almost tempted to just got and buy the FTA version, but if I'm gonna do that I may as well mail-order a real DVB card with the MPEG hardware..

Oh well, back to it..

Cheers,
Brad.

intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately.

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses