[linux-dvb] Re: KNC1 Driver Loading Problem

Robert Martin - inmedia writes:
 > Thanks for the prompt response.
 > I've tried making the adjustment you suggested, with no obvious improvement.
 > For completeness I have repeated the test on a different pc, 2.4GHz P4.  The
 > results are:-
 >
 > Setting 3200  (Default)
 > femon, szap and femon typically 6% system cpu load each
 >
 > Setting 6400
 > Same as above
 >
 > Going the other way
 > Setting 60
 > femon, szap and femon typically 15-20% system cpu load each, going upto 60%

Sorry, I forgot that some other changes in the I2C code (e.g. no busy
waiting) went along with the speedup.
So, you'll have to wait for our next release (could be a while)
or compare the current code yourself with the stuff in the linuxtv
driver version.

Ralph