[linux-dvb] Re: It works!

Robert Schlabbach wrote:
From: "Brad Campbell" <brad@wasp.net.au>

Where would be the best place to discard the extra bytes
and invert the sync byte every 8 frames?

The demodulator. Set the RS2 bit in the RS register (0x33) to force the
sync byte to 0x47 (demod will always output 0x47 instead of the received
sync byte). And you should be able to make the bridge chip ignore the 16
RS-FEC bytes. See the RS1 and RS0 bits in the RS register.

Regards,«
Problem with that, is with this card you can't get to the tuner directly. You write your tuner data in a munged format to the on-board asic, and that writes to the tuner for you. If I could find a passthrough command or something like that for the asic we'd be sweet, but even the twinhan supplied app de-munges the data stream in software.

Brad