[linux-dvb] Re: It works!

From: "Brad Campbell" <brad@wasp.net.au>
> Problem with that, is with this card you can't get to the tuner
> directly. You write your tuner data in a munged format to the
> on-board asic, and that writes to the tuner for you. If I could
> find a passthrough command or something like that for the asic
> we'd be sweet, but even the twinhan supplied app de-munges the
> data stream in software.

Uh oh - the behavior you described is matches the _reset_ value of the RS
register (0xF8, when you'd probably want 0xFC or 0xFD). Chances are the
ASIC never writes to this register, and maybe even has no provisions to do
that at all :(

You should really "poke around" in the ASIC and try everything you can
think of to write to this register - it would make your driver so much
better...

Regards,«
--
Robert Schlabbach