From: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org]
On Behalf Of michael
Sent: Saturday, 4 October 2003 2:25 PM
To: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Subject: [linux-dvb] Skystar2 Card 2.6 Kernel

Hi

I have been running a 2.4 kernel and a skystar2 card with drivers
supplied by the manufacturer to decode MPE IP packets very successfully.

I am now interested in running the SS2 card in a 2.6 kernel as I would
like to utilise the ebtables extension to the 2.6 kernel.

Using the sources that are included with the 2.6.0-test6 kernel and
dvbtune I have succeeded in tuning the 'frontend' of the SS2 card
/proc/interrupts is showing a steady polling of the SS2 card and dvbtune
reports

FE_HAS_SIGNAL
FE_HAS_LOCK
FE_HAS_CARRIER
FE_HAS_SYNC
Successfully opened network device, please configure the dvb interface.

I configure the interface with-

echo 0> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/dvb0_0/rp_filter
ifconfig dvb0_0 10.10.10.10 hw ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

The ifconfig command reports ( in part )

..
dvb_net_feed_start: rx_mode 1
dvb_net_feed_start: alloc secfeed
dvb_net_feed_start:set secfilter
dvb0_0: filter mac=XX XX XX XX XX XX
dvb0_0: filter mask=ff ff ff ff ff ff
dvb_net_feed_start: set multi_secfilter[0]
dvb0_0: filter mac=XX XX XX XX XX XX
dvb0_0: filter mask=ff ff ff ff ff ff
dvb_net_feed_start: start filtering

This appears to me to be working right however TCP dump of the DVB0_0
interface shows no IP packets.

I feel I must be making some simple mistake and I would greatly
appreciate any guidance.

Thank you in advance.

Michael W

Michael@Wilson.is-a-geek.org