[linux-dvb] Galaxis DVB-S card

> Manu Abraham wrote:
> > Hi,
> >         I'm looking for some information on Linux support for my DVB
card.
> > I have a Galaxis Sat-DVB Rev.:1.3 DVB-S Card with a SAA7146,
> > VES1893(Inside the ALPS BSRV2-301A tuner), Texas Instruments
> > TMX320AV7111GFN, CY7C024V-25AC, Texas Instruments 320AD80C, Memory (SEC
> > KM416V1204BT + 81F161622B(Flash ?)). All the documentation as well asthe
> > website is in German. Unfortunately i don't know german.
> >
> >          I would like to know whether this card is supported by the
> > convergence/linuxtv drivers. I have been trying to compile the libdvb
> > with no success at all. Are there any specific requirements for the
> > compilation of the same ?
>
> Yes, this card should be supported as-is, please use the 1.0.1 release.
> Please report problems on the LinuxDVB Mailing list.
>
> Holger

 If somebody could tell me if i'am doing anything wrong here.
I have a RH9 system with a 2.4.20 kernel. I compiled the linuxdvb-1.0.1
modules, copied the modules.conf as specified, created the /dev/dvb
entries using the makedev script. after that if run scan -c , i get
cannot open /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0, no such device. Is there
something that i'm doing here. Have been trying to get this thing
running for the past 2 weeks.

Regards,
Manu