[linux-dvb] Re: It works!

Robert Schlabbach wrote:
From: "Johannes Stezenbach" <js@convergence.de>

Robert Schlabbach wrote:

From: "Holger Waechtler" <holger@convergence.de>

packet_length can be 130 or 188bytes, valid values for packet_stride
could be 130, 188 and 204 bytes. If all constants '188' get replaced
by these variables this should be flexible enough for all cases.
Umm, what about 147 bytes? If I get this right, DSS uses 147 bytes
packets, of which 130 bytes are data, correct? So shouldn't a stride
of 147 bytes be supported as well...?
Who cares about DSS?

Rule #23: Don't implement stuff that maybe someone might need sometime.
Wait until at least one user shows up who actually needs it.

And why do you support 130 bytes packet length then? It would make sense to
support neither or both 130 and 147 bytes, but IMHO it doesn't make sense
to have "half" DSS support in there.
ooops, you are right! But aren't this 146bytes (130 data + 16 error code)? The sync byte seems to get usually removed in the demodulator.

btw, the site Marcus mentioned tells us that the data length inside a DSS packet is 127bytes, so we now have 4 numbers to choose...

Holger