[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppage WinTV Nova-t USB

Holger Waechtler wrote:

Simon Cox wrote:

Holger Waechtler wrote:

Hi,

Simon Cox wrote:

dmesg shows the following:

Linux video capture interface: v1.00
usb.c: registered new driver Technotrend/Hauppauge USB-Nova
ttusb_init_controller: unknown STC version V 2.1, please report!
ttusb_init_controller: dsp-version: 0.0
DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge Nova-USB).
sp8870_read_code: Unable to load '/usr/lib/DVB/driver/frontends/Sc_main.mc'.
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (Alps TDLB7)...

that's exactly your problem. The Alps TDLB7 has no real probing routine since the , so it just pings the i2c device. And the Nova-USB has a strange i2c interface, we don't know how to implement correct i2c pings. So please load only the tdmb7 driver but no other one, these would prevent the tdmb7 driver from working.

hope that helps,

Holger

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm only loading the tdmb7 module now, but I'm still not getting any further, i.e. getting tuning failed when I try to scan.

dmesg now shows (with debug=1):

Linux video capture interface: v1.00
init_tdmb7
usb.c: registered new driver Technotrend/Hauppauge USB-Nova
ttusb_init_controller: unknown STC version V 2.1, please report!
ttusb_init_controller: dsp-version: 0.0
DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge Nova-USB).
tdmb7_attach
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (Alps TDMB7)...

Is there any other debug information that would be helpful (I'm not much of a linux hacker).

Better start by trying tzap and a channel list that contains only some of your local transmitters. When you can receive those then you can add them to the scan initial transponder lists and do a real network scan.

You get the required tuning parameters from your local broadcaster or maybe you can also try to write them down from the Windows tool.

Holger

I tried that and the output from tzap for any frequency seems to be:

using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
tuning to 722000000 Hz
status 01 | signal ffff | snr ffff | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
status 01 | signal ffff | snr ffff | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |

I also tried using dvbtune which gave the following:

Using DVB card "Alps TDMB7"
tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 490000000 Hz
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_TIMEDOUT
Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency

I know there should be a signal as I haven't moved the aerial and it works fine under windows. I'd really like to get this working as I'm fed up with the shoddy windows software from Hauppage.

All help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon