[linux-dvb] Re: Latest dvb-kernel and VDR: crash

Hello Tony,

I checked out yesterday latest version of dvb-kernel and I build build-2.4 for my kernel (2.4.22). Then I compiled latest vdr (1.2.5). When I start vdr my system crashes. I have Siemens DVB card.
You might hit the bug that Johannes and I did not have the time to track down yet.

On some systems (fortunately, it happens all the time on my development system) TS capture goes very wrong, causing a solid lockup within seconds.

> How can I debug more to
> find the bug?

Please tune to a channel via "szap -r -n 10" for example (the "r" is important, it advises the driver to put the data to the dvr device), then do a "cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > /tmp/test.ts".

Please tell us the results.

CU
Michael.