[linux-dvb] Re: Kernel 2.6

Hello Patrick,

I'm starting to construct my mhp. I'm using a dvb-c (with analogue module) from siemens. My Question is now, does the kernel 2.6 (i.e. the snapshots) contain always the latest development driver from linuxtv.org ? So that recent updates are in (like analogue module) ?
I'm trying. 8-)

Looking at the past, the latest 2.6 snapshots are at least 2-3 weeks behind the CVS version.

There's a "patches-2.6" directory, where I put the patches that I've recently created, but which have not been applied by Linus yet.

Thanks for listening!
Patrick
Because of the fact that the DVB API is not different in "DVB" (2.4) and "dvb-kernel" (2.4/2.6), it does not matter which kernel and driver you use.

Only if you want to use the Video4Linux API, you should care: "DVB" is Video4Linux-1, whereas "dvb-kernel" is Video4Linux-2 (where Video4Linux-1 Applications are supported through the compatibility layer)

CU
Michael.