[linux-dvb] Re: Some progress on Siemens DVB-C analog TV module

Hello Dominik,

with your latest changes, xawtv recognizes the tuner.
Ok.

The picture is only black (but I expected this as your latest checkin commment talks about non working behavior),
You should see the usual "snow" when changing to the analog input.

overlay doesn't work .
xawtv prints:
ioctl: VIDIOC_OVERLAY(int=1): Resource temporarily unavailable
Hmm, you're right. I must have broken something.

Unfortunately there is still something wrong with the device settings in
av7110_vv_data_c. For my card (FSC 1.3), the OSD looks much better if the flags field contains SAA7146_EXT_SWAP_ODD_EVEN.
Apparently the DVB part and the analog part put out the fields in a different order.

That's not a big problem, there are several ways to fix this. You can manually swap the fields (the flag SAA7146_EXT_SWAP_ODD_EVEN toggles this), invert the field detection order in the saa7146 (doesn't work reliably, but without using a logic analyzer I cannot really tell why) or you can change the programming of the saa7113 (which currently uses the Windows settings).

I guess changing the programming of the saa7113 is the best thing to do, I'll need to have a deeper look into this anyway in order to get vbi capture for the analog input going...

Feel free to have a look at the saa7113 specs for yourself, they are freely available from Philips:
http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat/datasheets/SAA7113H_1.pdf

If you want, I can send you 2 screnshots which illustrate the behavior.
I know what you mean: the picture looks very unsharp, after setting the flag, the effect is gone.

Regards
Dominik
CU
Michael.