[linux-dvb] Re: IP multicast package loss with current CVS driver

Michael Dreher wrote:

>  > I'm loosing a lot of IP packets with this version. Any
>  > suggestions how to fix this?
>
> I still haven't found a solution for my problem or even a way how to track
> it down.
> I'm using a Debian Kernel 2.4.19, and a full featured DVB card with a Conax
> CAM module.

First thing to check is the data rate. With full featured cards there's
a limit at (wild guess) 10 Mbit/sec.

> vdr 1.1.25 is tuning to "Data only:12633:h:S19.2E:22000:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1001",
> that means
> no filters are set for audio/video pids. A self written plugin (not
> released, yet)
> creates the DVB network interface and sets the network pid 1014.

Hm, there's not much traffic there...

You could run "DVB/apps/test_sections 1014" to see if the missing
packets appear this way. (See ETSI EN 301 192, section
"multiprotocol encapsulation").

If your packets don't appear there, it would be due to reception
problems, stream errors or the data rate is too high for full
featured cards.

If test_sections shows your missing packets, then either the filters
are not setup correctly in dvb_net.c, or the get dropped in the
Linux network stack (wrong routes? bad flags or addresses?).

> The DVB driver from 2003-04-13 had no problems with lost ip packages. At
> least all of the
> errors were recoverable.

There were quite some changes to dvb_net.c, including stricter
error checking. Maybe I introduced new bugs. I would be grateful
if you could check against EN 301 192.

Regards,
Johannes