[linux-dvb] Re: Bug report vdr-1.2.5 - error while reading timers.conf

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Juergen Sauer wrote:

> Moin,
> My vdr installation tends to crash by itself.
> I got my channels from the scan util (scan -o vdr) and
> pasted it to channels.conf.
> If I add a timer using the vdr menue the vdr destroys
> it's own timers.conf file, so that vdr crashes/quits,
> beacuse of 'error while reading timers.conf'
> Any Ideas to work around/fix it ?

There might be something wrong in your channels.conf, I had the same
problem when I upgraded to vdr 1.2.5. There was error in one line in
channels.conf, I had to edit it manually to make it work, maybe something
is wrong with scan utility... Problem appeared only with one channel.

Does vdr give any error messages when you start it ?