[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan cards

Michael Hunold wrote:
Please apply as you like. I'd be happy to compile test your stuff.

There are still issues with the CI card, can it or can't it produce
sensible 188 byte packets? Only Twinhan knows.

Check it in anyway, CI use can be fixed in the future.
And the answer is ...... NO.......

I have done a really nasty hack where I have added a dvb_dmx_swfilter_204() to dvb_demux.c and the relevant export.
All bttv cards now have an extra item in the struct TS_Size which gets initialised to 0 upon bttv load. If the card is detected to be a CI then it gets changed to a 1 and the correct function is decided in dvb-bt8xx.c.
I have sent the code to Jamie to look at.
It's not pretty and I'm pretty embarrased about it but I figure a working dirty hack that can be cleaned up later is better than not working at all.

Brad