[linux-dvb] Re: can't record some channels with vdr and anova-s budget card.

First check the signal by running apps/szap/femon along with vdr.
Since I've never used this tools before what output can I expect from a good/bad signal?

If recording works on some channels it is unlikely that it is
a DMA issue, it's more likely that the signal is weak or that
there is interference with some aother signal (besides DECT).
Please note that I have two identical systems where ONLY the dvb cards are different. One system uses rev 1.6 card, the other nova-s budget cards. The rev 1.6 card system work in all cases when the budget system fails. Maybe you want to check the thread I've mentioned in the vdr mailling list.

All bios, pci and whatever other settings there might exist are all the same. Even both hds use the same source since they are copied. Both computer stand next to each other with approx. 1 cm space between both computers. Both computers get their antenne signal from the same dish via 90cm dish. Even all cables are from the same type. The only difference is that the cable length differs about a maximum of 1m. I've already checked the DECT issues (turned of all DECT station and phones) without success (as noted I my posting before). I've even checked the volatage as request by Klaus Schmidinger.

Does it work with only one card in the system?
No.

Does it help to #if 0 the frequency beding stuff in dvb_frontend.c?
I will test this. Are the required #ifdefs noticable even for a dvb novice?

---
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de

---