[linux-dvb] Re: can't record some channels with vdr and a nova-s budget card.

claas+linuxtv-dvb@jucs-kramkiste.de wrote:

> If have two identical systems (P4, 2.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM) where only the dvb-s
> card differ. One system uses two rev 1.6 card while the other uses two
> nova-s budget cards. On the budget card system I can't record several
> channels including Sat1, Pro7, Pro7 Oesterreich, Pro7 Schweiz, Kabel 1,
> Neun Live, DSF, HOT, N24, VIVA. The recording with VDR gets lot of cTS2PES
> errors and the recording is unusable. The systems with the rev 1.6 cards
> records the same recordings at the same time without any problems. I think
> that has something to do with the DVB driver and the used hardware. I've
> done some others tests and think that slower hardware give better
> recording. See the following 1h test recording done at the same time:
>
> Pentium 2.6 GHz system:
> tvt1 vdr[602]: cTS2PES got 1548 TS errors, 10844 TS continuity errors
> tvt1 vdr[602]: cTS2PES got 116 TS errors, 4348 TS continuity errors
>
> K7 500 MHz system:
> funfix vdr[427]: cTS2PES got 5 TS errors, 114 TS continuity errors
>
> I used the following software:
> DVB driver = CVS snapshot from 29.09.2003
> VDR 1.2.5 without patches but with the following defines:
> recorder.c:#define VIDEOBUFSIZE MEGABYTE(15)
> transfer.c:#define VIDEOBUFSIZE MEGABYTE(5)
>
> Please note: This is NOT a DECT issue and according to
> <http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/vdr/2003/10-2003/msg00227.html> the
> switch voltage for the channels are also ok.

First check the signal by running apps/szap/femon along with vdr.

If recording works on some channels it is unlikely that it is
a DMA issue, it's more likely that the signal is weak or that
there is interference with some aother signal (besides DECT).

Does it work with only one card in the system?
Does it help to #if 0 the frequency beding stuff in dvb_frontend.c?

Johannes