[linux-dvb] Re: Getting IR-codes directly from DVB-S?

Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@suse.cz> writes:

> > It should be possible to read the current keymap from the device.
> > This way one could write something like a keymap editor, or
> > add another remote control to a loaded keymap.
>
> Well, it is currently possible to read a keymap from a keyboard via the
> event interface. It doesn't efficiently handle sparse keycode tables,
> though, like the remote seems to be using (address + code).

writing keymaps works too.  Been there, done that while hacking IR
remote support via input layer for bttv + saa7134 ...

> I'm considering to add a new 'raw' event type for this.

I'd like to see that too.

> > We need these if we
> > want to implement a keymap learning mode or a keymap editor.
> > Maybe we have to add this sub-function to the low-level interface, too.
> > With the current implementation you have to build keymaps by reading
> > debug messages and putting everything together manually. :-(

You might want to check out
http://bytesex.org/snapshot/input-<date>.tar.gz, that are a few input
layer userspace tools (print device info, dumb events, read/write
keymaps, ...) I wrote for debugging while hacking the IR support into
the bttv + saa7134 drivers.

Driver snapshots with IR support available from the snapshot directory
too, 2.6.x kernel patches are at bytesex.org/patches/

There are a number of buttons where are no good KEY_* defines for yet
(color/contrast/hue, bass/trable/balance, ...) btw.

> > The device type may be identified using existing ioctls:
> > EVIOCGNAME, EVIOCGPHYS. Is this sufficient?

Should be IMHO, I've named them sprintf("pci-%s/input0",pci_name(dev)),
that should be unique.

  Gerd

--
You have a new virus in /var/mail/kraxel