[linux-dvb] Re: Getting IR-codes directly from DVB-S?

Gerd Knorr wrote:
There are a number of buttons where are no good KEY_* defines for yet
(color/contrast/hue, bass/trable/balance, ...) btw.
Can you please prepare a list of required keys for Vojtech, I'm sure he will add them then to the API include files?

The device type may be identified using existing ioctls:
EVIOCGNAME, EVIOCGPHYS. Is this sufficient?

Should be IMHO, I've named them sprintf("pci-%s/input0",pci_name(dev)),
that should be unique.
unique, but these names don't reflect the actually used decoder hardware which might be a good hint for the userspace application to determine the supported IR protocols or limitations to hook in specialized keymaps (one example: the AV711x firmware cuts down RC5 and RCMM keycodes to 8 or 12 bits even if the original code had more bits, this is a hardware limitation).

ugly, but maybe a device name clarifying the decoder hardware type would help to solve issues like this.

Holger