[linux-dvb] Re: IP multicast package loss with current CVS driver

Hi Johannes,

did you modified the CRC check so that you will only check packets with section syntax indicator=1? Doing so in general would be a bad idea i think, I would rather add a new DMX_CHECK_CRC_SSI suggest this semantic:

DMX_CHECK_CRC not set - always pass packets
DMX_CHECK_CRC bit set - check always
DMX_CHECK_CRC_SSI bit set - check if section syntax indicator is '1'

This would allow CRC checking also for TOT sections and for proprietary section formats like firmware upgrades etc. What do you think?

Holger

Michael Dreher wrote:
Hi Johannes,

> Michael, could you please update and test angain with hw_sections=0
> so we can find out whether this change actually fixes the > dvb_net problem?

I checked the new CVS driver, but it still looses a lot of packets (I think
it was around 7%). With hw_sections=1 this driver works fine.

Unfortunately I misconfigured my DSL router at the test site last
weekend, so I cannot connect to my test-PC right now, but I'll fix
that next weekend.

Michael