[linux-dvb] Re: Getting IR-codes directly from DVB-S?

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 06:06:02PM +0200, Holger Waechtler wrote:

Gerd Knorr wrote:

So I'd vote for a raw-device which passes by the IR-codes without any change.

That can be done _additionally_.  I'd like to be able to have the IR
keys passed just like normal key strokes through the linux input layer.
As input events can have different types we can just send two events,
one EV_KEY with the translated key code and one EV_RAW (maybe name that
EV_IR?) with the raw, untranslated code.  Applications can pick what
they want then ...
Another issue with raw keymaps is that you need to (re-)configure the keymap for each application again -- not very comfortable.

I would prefer if the raw data was only used for configuring the driver.
I plan to make it uncomfortable enough to use so that applications won't
use it.
*g*