[linux-dvb] Re: can't record some channels with vdr and anova-s budget card.

If you get this errors with the signal from above, the frontend
is not the problem. It could be a DMA problem.
I don't think so. If there's a DMA problem the RTL recording should be broken also. Even if I swap the cards so that the "broken" records RTL and the "fine" one records Sat1 the error will be the same. If any part of the hardware is broken the error should stay on the broken card.

But since the card of the same making seems to work for other people,
it is possible that your card or your motherboard is subtly broken.
Maybe. But I can even swap the budget card to the other system and the errors goes to the new system while the rev 1.6 card work all the time in the "old" board. So I don't think it's a broken piece of hardware rather than a very subtile driver problem. Even is one card is broken the error should follow the card which is not true. Since both budget cards produce the same result I think it's unlikly that both are broken. I think it's a driver problem because:

Please note: I'm very glad that someone with enough experience starts to help. I'm willing to do nearly all kind of test for you, even buy a different budget card. If I look at this card <http://www.usa-x.org/1shop/images/budget2.jpg> it looks very different from mine. Maybe the card I use is uncommon and need a special handling in some way? I can even arrange ssh access to the machines if this is required.

---
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de