[linux-dvb] Re: How to dump a TS from a SAA7146 based AV110 cards?

From: "Luca Abeni" <lucabe72@email.it>
> I am trying to dump the whole MPEG TS (all the PESs + all the tables)
> coming from a DVB-S card to a file.
>
> As said, this works fine with a different card (WinTV NOVA ci). Any
> suggestion on how to obtain the same effect with a SAA7146 based AV110
> card?

Technically impossible, or at least noone knows how. The AV7110 has a
hardware PID filter which can only take 32 entries. There is a "CAM bypass"
bit in the AV7110, which passes all packets, but unfortunately, the PID of
each packet is lost and noone know if/how it is possible to recover it.

I have bugged TI numerous times about this issue, but they were nothing but
unhelpful. Now TT owns the AV7110 design, maybe you can ask them if there
is any way to put the AV7110 CAM bypass mode to use...

Personally, I solved the problem by dumping my AV7110 card and only use
"budget" cards now.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach