[linux-dvb] Re: can't record some channels with vdr and a nova-sbudget card.

Claas Hilbrecht wrote:
The femon log from this recording has 8042 lines. 4965 lines with "ber
00000000". The sample from last msg seems to be a good sample that shows
overall output.

So I guess it *is* a bad signal issue.

Maybe I don't understand what's going on behind the scenes but keep in mind that another system with rev 1.6 cards that uses the same dish, cables and so on is able to record the same channel at the same time without an error. So the bad signal must be "produced" inside the computer with the budget cards I think. A dbox with linux is also able to record Sat1, Pro7 and other channels were the budget system fail.

My antenne setup looks like:

CAS 90 -> UAS 485 -> 12m cable -> EXR 5016 -> 21m cable -> DVB card
There has also been another guy reporting problems with a recent revision of the Nova-CI with a slightly different Philips SU1278 tuner module than the old ones. So I guess for these models some bits need to get set differently...

Holger