[linux-dvb] Re: can't record some channels with vdr and anova-s budget card.

By "DMA problem" I meant "problem with the DMA related driver routines".
Jon Burgess fixed those about a month ago, but maybe some corner case
is still buggy?
Is there anything I can test to check if this the problem? I assume that is beyond my skills.

Anyway, the programs (or services or channels, but not "senders") you
reported (Sat1, Pro7, Pro7 Oesterreich, Pro7 Schweiz, Kabel 1, Neun Live,
DSF, HOT, N24, VIVA) seem all to be on the same transponder. So if all
other progams can be recorded OK, it would rule out a driver problem.
Glad to hear that someone else think that this is a driver problem. And you're right, all (that are not encrypted) other channels are recorded fine with vdr. I've already done this test. What I've also noticed is that not every program has that many errors as Pro7 and Sat1. If I remember right VIVA has much less errors. If the information what programs cause what amount of errors will help I can make another recording session.

I can think of only one possibility:
Somehow the frontend output is disturbed by some interference. Then the
frontend reports good signal, but the saa7146 sees errors. But OTOH
the transport_error_indicator is set for many packets, and this is
set by the frontend -> the femon output is bogus and you ahve a bad
signal.
If I understand you right you think that void dvb_bend_frequency (struct dvb_frontend_data *this_fe, int recursive) needs more tweaking to get a good signal? Is it possible that the cpu frequency is involved in this issue? Remember that a slower system give much less errors.

---
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de