[linux-dvb] Re: can't record some channels with vdr and a nova-sbudget card.

Werner wrote:

> Hmmm ... at least I've tried the last patch of Jon (AFAIK it is now
> part of the current driver)

Yes, the changes have been merged into both DVB and dvb-kernel

> the bitstreamout plugin of VDR has seen a lot of duped TS frames.
> OK the plugin does not check about duped TS frames but before the
> patch it was not necessary to check for dups.

This doesn't sound too good.

> Therefore: Could it be that the switch from 1/2->1/2
> handling of the DMA area to the area handling
> automatically dups TS frames
> read from the full DAM area? The card I use is a DVB-S 1.3.

It should not cause dups, but it could be that your hardware
works a bit differently.

> Maybe it is possible to revert the patch if it is
> possible to ensure that the pointers position for 1/2->1/2
> handling is always in sync with the data provided under pointer.

I tried two different approaches, the first still used half and half but tried
to guess which half really contained the valid data.

The second approach used the whole buffer and this is the approach which
has been merged.

Could you try going back to a driver which you know works and
then try applying each of the two patches which I supplied to see whether
these patches definately cause the problem.

The first patch is available at
dvb-kernel: http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/2003/08-2003/msg00467.html

The second patch here for both DVB and dvb-kernel
http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/2003/09-2003/msg00018.html

Jon