[linux-dvb] Re: Quality of dvb-kernel in upcoming 2.6

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
Michael Hunold wrote:

Hello Emard,

On network at dvb-s, some packets seem to creep in now and then,
it could be good for ping-ing somehost and doing few telnets
but definitely far from the whole bandwidth. (OK, on 2.4 is mostly the same thing and we know why)
The crc-checking code is currently broken in 2.6, but I don't know if network stuff uses crc-checking by default.

Yes, CRC is checked depending on section_syntax_indicator.
IMHO a bad idea: this makes the API inconsistent without providing a way to check how it is behaving. In any case I don't believe that this was the root of the networking problems. Has anybody cared and tested the crc-endianess patches? If they don't provide the solution I'd vote for not using anymore the lib/crc32 code but to use the old DVB-crc code again until this issue is cleared.

Holger