[linux-dvb] Re: Quality of dvb-kernel in upcoming 2.6

Michael Hunold wrote:

I got to the point that I applied 2 cards in parallel (antenna goes to LNB IN of budget-patch and from its LNB OUT signal goes into LNB IN of normal budget card) and, imagine, BOTH CARDS HAD THE SAME NETWORK PACKETS MISSING!!

Ok, so apparently there's still something wrong with the packet capture stuff. 8-/

After measurement with the 2 cards it is clear to me that the loss doesn't come statistically like from bad reception/too weak signal for some tuner/decoder or by random dropping by the kernel going
running low on input buffers. if it does, then 2 cards would
easily cover the missing 10-20% of missing packets.
have you checked he continuity counter for these PIDs, are the packets continous (this would mean that packets are lost in the networking code) or are there already missing packets at the demux input (this would mean DMA problems again)?

Take a look in the demux code, there the CC code is commented out, you can easily enable it again.

Holger