[linux-dvb] Attempting to achieve peaceful coexistence - need help...

Hey,

I am attempting to work out why I can't get my btaudio driver to peacefully coexist with bt878.o from the dvb-kernel driverset.

I am using a 2.4.22 kernel built from source on a MythTV based multimedia box.

I have 3 cards in the server:

Avermedia DVB-T (BT878)
PV878 Analogue TV (BT878 based)
Miro DC10 (Zoran)

The Pixelview is hardware hacked to provide a composite video output to the DC10 which then encodes to MJPEG onboard.

I am using the btaudio driver to pull the audio off the Pixelview card and feed it into MythTV.

When I load the btaudio driver it happily registers 4 additional dsp devices - two for each of the BT878 based cards and everything works as expected.

However, when I try to bring the DVB card into play, I am required to load:

dvb-core, bt878, dvb-bt8xx, sp887x

With btaudio loaded, any attempt to load the bt878 module fails.

btaudio: driver version 0.7 loaded [digital+analog]
btaudio: Bt878 (rev 17) at 02:09.1, irq: 10, latency: 32, mmio: 0xee000000
btaudio: using card config "default"
btau    dio: registered device dsp0 [digital]
btaudio: registered device dsp1 [analog]
btaudio: registered device mixer0
btaudio: Bt878 (rev 17) at 02:0b.1, irq: 5, latency: 32, mmio: 0xec800000
btaudio: using card config "default"
btaudio: registered device dsp2 [digital]
btaudio: registered device dsp3 [analog]
btaudio: registered device mixer1
bt878: AUDIO driver version 0.0.0 loaded
Conversely, any attempt to load btaudio after loading the DVB driverset fails with:

    /lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/sound/btaudio.o: init_module: No such device

The bt878 module appears to claim audio functionality when loaded successfully, however I cannot detect any new audio devices being available through this module.

The upshot is, that I can either use my analogue setup, or my DVB setup, but not both together.

Now, there is every possibility I am missing something obvious, but any suggestions would be helpful...

cheers

Mark

Home | Main Index | Thread Index