[linux-dvb] Re: Attempting to achieve peaceful coexistence - needhelp...

Mark Edwards wrote:
Hey,
I am attempting to work out why I can't get my btaudio driver to peacefully coexist with bt878.o from the dvb-kernel driverset.
I am using a 2.4.22 kernel built from source on a MythTV based multimedia box.
I have 3 cards in the server:
Avermedia DVB-T (BT878)
PV878 Analogue TV (BT878 based)
Miro DC10 (Zoran)
I'll hazard a guess to say the btaudio driver grabs every available audio component on every available bt card. As it probably thinks is the right thing to do. Problem is, on the budget bt8xx dvb cards the video side is unused and the audio side is used to take the digital stream from the tuner and dma it into the memory of the pc. Thus you will need to stop the btaudio driver picking up the audio section on the dvb card.

Brad