[linux-dvb] Re: can't record some channels with vdr and anova-s budget card.sa

same story here. I have one Nova-S (about 1 year old). All recordings I
made  with my other two cards DVB-S (1.3 and 2.1) are o.k., only problems
with the  Nova-card. The last test I made was a system with SuSE 7.3
prof. Kernel  2.4.22 (vanilla) and DVB driver release 1.0.1. No change.

Then I orderd 2 new Nova-S (from the same dealer) and the same problems
as you  described. :-(
It seems that I'm not alone. That's the good news. The bad one is no one seems to know why some Nova-S cards fail. Is your card the same as mine (<http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de/claas/novas.png>) ?

BUT, now it works till some weeks ago with linvdr 0.3 (pre4) from
www.linvdr.org. Sometimes I had the problems again, but it was now o.k.
for  all day use. (With all three Nova-Cards / C433 / ASUS P2BS). Linvdr
0.3 uses  DVB-driver 1.0.1, too, based on debian woody.
I will try to install linvdr 0.3 (I can't download the pre4 version you mentioned) later these day or tonight. I wonder why linvdr work with the same driver than you used before.

---
Claas Hilbrecht
http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de