[linux-dvb] bttv unresolved symbols

Hello List,

I have been following the instructions from the dvb-kernel instructions
in the file 'README.bt8xx'. They have been updated by Jamie Honan
recently, but I cannot find the the version of bttv that it insists must
be used, and i am getting unresolved symbols with the bttv driver.
The readme advises bttv-0.9.12 or later... bytesex.org/bttv does not
have anything past 0.9.11 so I'm not sure if this is the cause of the
error.

    My problem is:

    depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.22/misc/dvb-bt8xx.o
    depmod:         bttv_get_i2c_adap

    My setup is:

    RedHat 9
    fresh 2.4.22 kernel
    patched to v4l2
    bttv-0.9.11
    dvb-kernel - from cvs (2003-10-26), made from build-2.4 directory

    My DVB card is Nebula DVB-TV

I searched the linux-dvb mail lists to find others having the same
problem.  Holger Waechtler suggested rebuilding+installing the kernel
after making bttv, which I have done.

Holger mentioned in a past message that the bttv patches should be
applied from the dvb-kernel cvs source tree.  The README.bt8xx says not
to patch bttv, and there are no files in the patch directory that Holger
referred to.

After restarting, depmod is still reporting the exact same "unresolved
symbols" error above.

Could someone please advise on solving the bttv problem, or another
approach?  My goal is to get the Nebula DVB card functioning so that I
can use it in MythTV (http://www.mythtv.org/)

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rob Wills.