[linux-dvb] Re: bttv unresolved symbols

> I have been following the instructions from the dvb-kernel instructions
> in the file 'README.bt8xx'. They have been updated by Jamie Honan
> recently, but I cannot find the the version of bttv that it insists must
> be used, and i am getting unresolved symbols with the bttv driver.
> The readme advises bttv-0.9.12 or later... bytesex.org/bttv does not
> have anything past 0.9.11 so I'm not sure if this is the cause of the
> error.

Yes it is.

For 2.4.22 this is in the bytesex.org snapshot directory.

In http://bytesex.org/snapshot there is
bttv9-20031024.tar.gz

>     My problem is:
>
>     depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
> /lib/modules/2.4.22/misc/dvb-bt8xx.o
>     depmod:         bttv_get_i2c_adap

All downhill from here.

>     patched to v4l2

Patches from bytesex.org patches I think.

>     bttv-0.9.11
>     dvb-kernel - from cvs (2003-10-26), made from build-2.4 directory

> applied from the dvb-kernel cvs source tree.  The README.bt8xx says not
> to patch bttv, and there are no files in the patch directory that Holger
> referred to.

Correct.

> After restarting, depmod is still reporting the exact same "unresolved
> symbols" error above.

> Could someone please advise on solving the bttv problem, or another
> approach?  My goal is to get the Nebula DVB card functioning so that I
> can use it in MythTV (http://www.mythtv.org/)

Please keep trying with the bttv above.

Also, enable some debug messages for module loading.

Jamie