[linux-dvb] Re: bttv unresolved symbols

Hello Rob,

So, I went looking, and it seems the videodev.c would provide those
function calls, and I've had a search through the linux-dvb list without
any trace of it.

I've tracked down a patch for videodev.c (from bytesex.org), applied,
built, installed and now I'm having different problems:

# ./dvb-nebula start
Inserting DVB modules into kernel./dvb-nebula: line 41:  3571
Segmentation fault      modprobe bttv

The /var/log/messages snippet is attached.
I ran into the same stuff a few days ago. The problem is that you are probably compiling the in-kernel stuff (videodev, bttv) and the dvb stuff against different version of the header file videodev.h

I fixed this problem in the build-2.4 CVS a few days ago, now the videodev.h from the currently running kernel is used.

Any tips / clues / suggestions ?
I'm using 2.4.23-pre8 which has the videodev changes already in, plus the bttv-snapshot you are currently using, too, plus a fresh CVS checkout of the dvb-kernel driver. Perhaps you should try to upgrage your kernel.

Additionally make sure that no stale videodev.h files are lying around, ie. in /user/include/linux. You can add a "#warning videodev.h from <foo>" to the top of each occurence of videodev.h, so you can track down which file gets actually included.

Thanks,
Rob
CU
Michael.