[linux-dvb] Re: segfault loading dvb-bt8xx with nebula digiTv

> From: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
> [mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf Of Jamie Honan
>

> Ah.
>
> nxt6000_attach is doing a i2c write to an address only, no data.
> The hardware i2c routine in bttv expects at least one data byte.
>
> Rob, as a work-around, you can probably set the parameter
> i2c_hw=0 on the module load of bttv

Cheers... that worked a treat :)

[from /var/log/messages]

Oct 30 09:07:19 bender kernel: DVB: registering new adapter (Neb).
Oct 30 09:07:19 bender kernel: DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (NxtWave
NXT6000)...

What are the recommendations for putting the card through it's paces?
I'm only booting to init level 3 at the moment, but would like to at
least have the card tune and hopefully capture to file?

Thanks,

Rob