[linux-dvb] Re: segfault loading dvb-bt8xx with nebula digiTv

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 10:52:58AM +0100, Michael Hunold wrote:
> Hello Rob,
>
> >What can I do to trace where the error is coming from?  Its easy to see
> >from the output that there is a null pointer in there somewhere:
> >But where to from here?

Ah.

nxt6000_attach is doing a i2c write to an address only, no data.
The hardware i2c routine in bttv expects at least one data byte.

Michael, can you pass this on to Gerd, I don't know if
my email is still barred by his ISP?

Rob, as a work-around, you can probably set the parameter
i2c_hw=0 on the module load of bttv

Jamie