[linux-dvb] Getting started?

So i've read most of the FAQs, and i'm curious about a couple of things.
I admit to being a beginner at all things satellite.

First, i'm confused about CICAM support in Linux and the CICAM scheme in
general.  Do I have to get a card from each vendor I want to purchase
programming through, or can I get by with just a single card and set it up
with the vendors I want programming from?  Do CICAM cards work well under
Linux in multiple schemes?

I also understand there are several people working on SoftCAM support - I
don't want to get into details of this on the mailing list but i'd like to
speak to you privately if you're doing experimentation.

Third - where are some good sources for equipment for receiving DVB
broadcasts, in the US?

Fourth - does anyone use any automatic rigs for pointing their
dishes?  If so, do you have a recommended manufacturer?

Last and finally - is there a good survey of DVB for people in the US
using Linux (Windows would be fine, too)?

Best regards and thanks,
Tim