[linux-dvb] Re: Progress on Skystar2 rev2.6B

Niklas Peinecke wrote:
Radovan Garabik wrote:

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 08:15:02AM +0100, Niklas Peinecke wrote:

Hi everybody,

Florentijn and I have been working on the Skystar2 rev2.6B driver last week, and now I can declare a partial success: Tuning works for almost every channel on Astra 19.2E with zero bit errors.

According to http://www.mossat.ru/int4-st5.html, rev2.6B does not
support BER indication. I tried the card on slightly misaligned dish
during heavy rain (under windows, some transponders locked, some did
not), and indeed, BER as reported with your drivers was always 0.

Bad news: The stream gets lost somewhere inbetween, most of the time there is no output on adapter0/dvr0 and if there is, it's only rubbish (i.e. mplayer can't decode).

I never got anything out of adapter0/dvr0. Not a single byte.

Thanks for your report, Radovan. Theoretically rev2.6B should support BER indication since the stv0299 does and the linux driver completely bypasses the flexcop in this case. Nevertheless your observation indicates, that there is more to do (*sigh*).
The dma routines seem to report that there are packets transfered from the flexcop to memory, but I'll have to investigate this also. This could take some time, since I have no clue of all that demux, filter and PID, PMT, ... stuff. Could somebody please recommend references?
use 'test_sections 0x00' to dump PATs, but this requires that you pass valid streams to the demux callbacks. When you are not sure whether your stream is correct, print some hexdumps in the interrupt handlers, there you should see at least the 0x47 sync bytes in 188- or 204-byte strides.

For a detailed description of the stream format see ETSI EN 300 468, ETSI TR 101 211, ETSI ETR 211, ITU-T H.222.0.

As example implementation you can check DVB/apps/test_sections.c and DVB/apps/scan/scan.c.

Holger