[linux-dvb] Re: First attempt with Nebula DigiTV card

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 10:59:19PM +1100, lukekendall@optushome.com.au wrote:

> Hmm, I've gotten into trouble after applying the latest patch I could
> find - 2.4.23-pre7 - to the released 2.4.23 kernel.  I've just mailed
> off to Gerd Knorr and will wait to see if he has any advice.

I used a 2.4.22 kernel and that worked fine.

> I don't suppose you can recall, even vaguely, what the script or
> command was called?

I located it: DVB/driver/makedev.napi

Read the INSTALL file in the DVB directory - but beware that it
is out of date. It contains info that is NOT in the READMEs in
the dvb-kernel tree.

> Thanks.  Um, what's Myth?  The end-user application for tuning or
> viewing the TV?

Doh! MythTV - isn't that the whole point of all this??

www.mythtv.org

Clyde

--
Clyde Stubbs                     |            HI-TECH Software
Email: clyde@htsoft.com          |          Phone            Fax