[linux-dvb] Re: Dvb kernel w/Nebula chewing CPU time - SOLVED!

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 09:11:04PM +0100, Michael Hunold wrote:
> I don't think that Gerd will be happy about this and code duplication is

Pardon my ignorance, but I presume Gerd is the bttv maintainer?

> A "bttv-core" that does basic stuff and stuff common to all cards (ie.
> device recognition, i2c and gpio handling). Then there ca be a
> "bttv-v4l" part that does all the stuff "bttv" currently does for analog

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. That's all the DVB cards need from
the BT878. They use it in quite a different way to the analog cards.

Clyde

--
Clyde Stubbs                     |            HI-TECH Software
Email: clyde@htsoft.com          |          Phone            Fax