[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge DEC2000-t (Germany) tuning question

Michael Loose schrieb:

Redhat9 Kernel 2.4.22-6.ll.rh90 (planetccrma)

I compiled/installed the DVB stuff from linuxtv.org. (CVS DVB/dvb-kernel) and placed
the firmware for the box (216.b2) in /etc/dvb (following the compiler warnings).

output of dmesg is:

hub.c: new USB device 00:1d.0-1, assigned address 2
usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0xb48/0x1008) is not claimed by any active driver.
usb.c: registered new driver TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC USB
DVB: registering new adapter (DEC2000-t).
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC2000-t Frontend)

so far, so good
How can i tune this piece of artwork to do something useful and pass it's output to mplayer? (dvbtune comes with .conf -files for Australia and UK ?!)

1. find a channels.conf file for tzap for your area (if you live in berlin, i can send you one) and copy it to where tzap expects it.
4. have fun

fonk

Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated as there seems to be hardly any information
about how to get the dvb-t stuff up using a lowbudget solution (software decoding) in Germany - hey guys, i read about your success, would you please make a kid happy and share the secret? I can't wait to trash my Windblows-Partition :-)
M.