[linux-dvb] Hauppauge DEC2000-t (Germany) tuning question

Redhat9  Kernel 2.4.22-6.ll.rh90 (planetccrma)

I compiled/installed the  DVB stuff from linuxtv.org. (CVS DVB/dvb-kernel) and placed
the firmware for the box (216.b2) in /etc/dvb (following the compiler warnings).

output of dmesg is:

hub.c: new USB device 00:1d.0-1, assigned address 2
usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0xb48/0x1008) is not claimed by any active driver.
usb.c: registered new driver TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC USB
DVB: registering new adapter (DEC2000-t).
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (TechnoTrend/Hauppauge DEC2000-t Frontend)

so far, so good

How can i tune this piece of artwork to do something useful and pass it's output to mplayer?
(dvbtune comes with .conf -files for Australia and UK ?!)

Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated as there seems to be hardly any information
about how to get the dvb-t stuff up using a lowbudget solution (software decoding) in
Germany - hey guys, i read about your success, would you please make a kid happy and share
the secret? I can't wait to trash my Windblows-Partition :-)

M.