[linux-dvb] Re: DEC 2000-t troubles with 2.4 kernel

Stefan Weidt wrote:
Hello this sounds a lot like my first post. Basically the dec2000t driver doesn't support data sessions and the scan app doesn't work. All this means is you have to create a channels.conf manually, or use one for your area if you can find it. Its not as hard as it sounds. To save me repeating previous posts try looking at

where there are lots of posts on the dec2000t towards the bottom.

If still get stuck after looking through the achieves then ask.

Hope this helps,
Aha, thank you! Next time I'll browse the archive more carefully, promise :-)

I *think* I have enough information to manually construct a channels.conf for Hannington. I have a DigitalTV-t.lst from the Windows software, so all I need now are the FEC & QAM values which I can get from the adapter's setup screen, right?

Are the BANDWIDTH, TRANSMISSION_MODE, GUARD_INTERVAL & HIERARCHY fields always the same for the UK? I.e. can I just copy those from a channels.conf file for another region?

And the last 3 fields of channels.conf are the PIDs, right? Video, audio, teletext in that order?

--
Des Herriott Senior Systems Support Consultant
Oracle Corporation UK Ltd. (EMEA) Tel: +44 118 924 6082