[linux-dvb] Re: Choosing the "best" DVB-S premium card

Thanks for the suggestion but I've already wasted at least a thousand dollars on things that could possibly work but didn't (at least not to my satisfaction), including the G550, two DXR3's, one AverMedia DVB-T (now a doorstop), a number of expensive PSU's and CPU coolers (all were too loud for me).

Now I'd like to make an informed choice regarding a full-featured DVB-S card (which is the only solution which has the potential of satisfying ALL my requirements). Please help as the card with CI adapter and CAM is going to set me back probably another $800AUS or so and that would be a LOT of money to spend on something that can't be returned and I'm not certain about.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I'd really love an answer to the original question.