[linux-dvb] Re: HDTV capable software?

Jon Burgess writes:
 > Olaf Titz wrote:
 >
 > >[1] mplayer (segfault)
 > >

 > I tried some HDTV sample files and found that mplayer would get an X11
 > error and segfault if I tried "-vo xv", but "-vo x11" worked ok, albeit
 > slowly. It appears that the XV support for my graphics card can not
 > handle the full 1920x1080 picture.
 >
 >     Jon

Check your xvinfo and see how large the maximum XvImage size is.
I could be that a different color resolution may help, i.e. going from
32bit to 16bit. The cards use offscreen video memory for the overlay
and if they don't have enough memory they can't do the larger
overlays. Some cards may also have hardware restrictions.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>        I like GNU, but I couldn't eat a whole one          <<<|