[linux-dvb] Re: video + net with Nexus

Emard writes:
 > 'full featured dvb-s card' is simply mis-named because it is not FULL
 > featured at all!
 >
 > The feature "FULL TS BANDWIDTH", important for large bandwidth downloads
 > and proper network functioning is simply missing in 'full featured dvb-s cards'
 > and is only available on 'Budget' type of cards that in turn don't have
 > hardware MPEG2.
 >
 > I used to have both dvb-s and budget cards to get true full-feature
 > until I got bored and I hardware patched my dvb-s to add full
 > ts bandwith capability (this is called budget-patch) so I finally
 > got rid of Budget card.

The Nexus 2.2 also is designed to have this built in (see my post
about this a few months back). The lines to the other SAA7146 port
and soldering pads for divider chips are all already there.
Does anybody have a Nexus 2.2 where the missing chips are
actually present?

Of course it is already impossible to see from the outside if there is
a 2.1 or 2.2 in a Nexus package ...

Ralph