[linux-dvb] Re: Losless Section Demux version 1.4

Emard wrote:
On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 10:47:19PM +0100, Andreas Oberritter wrote:

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 19:04, Emard wrote:

The memcpy() issue should not be too hard to resolve, just never copy more than a complete section and reset the crc seed appropriatly. The performance impact should be negligible.
Alright, that's simple if it helps, I can just limit the memcpy range to each one complete section with crc reset inbetween them.
Yes, thanks. Just send me a patch and I'll report whether it works.

I'll try to make it, it's not so simple as I thought on the first
glance but some hack should be possible. Please note that this code will break the nice structure of unfolding encapsulation layers in
their natural order; it has to early analyze certain encapsulated data, skipping layer that actually should have been analyzed later!

As result, the memcopy range limiter code will bloat in the similar type of cumbersome code in the sections that we just recently got rid off.

(I wonder could we simplify crc troubles and just ignore crc)
*g* don't you think that's kind of an oversimplification? No - get serious, the CRC32 check is required in noisy environments like DVB-T since sections can get spread out over multiple TS packets. If the FEC drops a packet then the section data will be corrupted and must be discarded. When a crc32 checked section arrives in userspace it must be definitely valid - otherwise you could not use them for robust firmware updates, DSMCC and MHP downloads etc.

Holger